Buttermilk pancakes from farmshop restaurant & cafe
- 150 g of plain flour
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg
- 250g of buttermilk
- 1 tbsp of melted butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2- 3 tsp of vegetable oil
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl and make a well in the centre
- Add the buttermilk, melted butter and egg and whisk until you have a smooth batter
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Once the pan is just about smoking, turn down to a medium heat and add a splash of oil.
- Add a large tablespoon of batter and gently spread into a neat circle with the back of the spoon
- Cook the pancake for 2–3 minutes, or until nicely browned on one side, then flip over and cook for a further 1–2 minutes. Adjust the heat or add a little more oil if necessary
- Work in batches until you have used up all the batter
- Warm the pancakes under a hot grill if they need heating up and serve with seasonal berries and plenty of maple syrup
Follow us on instagram
We’d love to see photos of your finished bakes. Share them with us on social using #BicesterVillageBakes
Looking for more inspiration?
Read on for our latest in style, travel, culture and cuisine.